With Hyperwave it is possible to restrict the scope of a search to the results
found in the previous search. To do this use the field on the "Results" page to
enter a search term and click on the "Search" button.
Hyperwave allows you to create query objects. A query object is a query
which is stored on the server, is run periodically, and which sends the
results to a specified email address.
How to create a query object:
Note that it is also possible to activate the query object any time you want by
clicking on it. If you do this, the results are inserted into the query object on the server. It is only possible to activate the query by hand when not in edit mode.
- Run a search using either the simple or extended search form. The results of the search will appear on the search results page along with a "Save Query" button.
- Click on the "Save Query" button. The Query Object Wizard appears.
- Specify the Name attribute of the collection you want to insert the query object into, a title for the query object and a Name attribute for the query object.
- Specify the days you want the query to be run. It is possible to select any or all days of the week using the checkboxes, or any or all days of the month using the listbox.
- Specify the interval in minutes you want the query to be run using the listbox, and specify the times when you want the automatic searches to start and end. If you leave the field for the end time empty, the query will be carried out once a day at the start time.
- Specify one or more email addresses that you want to have the results sent to, as well as the format you want the results sent in.
- Click on the "Create Query Object" button. The query, as you originally entered is in the search form, will be saved in a query object.
Changing the query schedule
It is possible to change the schedule which specifies when the object query should be automatically executed. To do this, you must access the attributes of the query object
and change the HW_Schedule attribute. This is done as follows:
The syntax for HW_Schedule is as follows:
- Navigate to the query object (query objects are shown in collection listings with a binocular icon) and click on the button next to it.
- Click on the "edit" button and edit the HW_Schedule attribute, which specifies when and how often the query object is evaluated. See below for syntax.
- Click on the "Apply Attributes" button.
Format: <day>; <starttime>, <stoptime>, <interval>;
<day> may be "mo", "tu", "we", "th", "fr", "sa" or "su" (for the days of the week)
or a number from 1 to 31 (for the days of the month).
<starttime> and <stoptime> give the beginning and ending time of evaluation for the selected days. If the <stoptime> field is not present, the query is carried out only once a day at the <starttime>.
is the interval in minutes that the query is executed between <starttime> and <stoptime>. If <interval> is not present, the query is carried out every 60 minutes.
Example: To get a notification mail every Tuesday at 9am and Friday every 15 minutes between 8am and 5pm, you would enter tu;09:00;fr;08:00,17:00,15