You can use Hyperwave's extended search form by clicking on the "Extended Search"
tab. This form offers all the search functionality of the simple search form and
more. The parameters which can be specified for the search are explained below.
Extended search with Verity is done as follows:
Note: Remember to log in to the server before making your search if you are searching for information which is not available to anonymous users
- Click on the "SEARCH" icon in the Hyperwave toolbar.
- Click on the "Extended Search" tab.
- Enter one or more words in the "Search for the words" field.
- Select desired content search options using the checkboxes.
- Decide how you want the search terms to be associated in the documents found, e.g. all words in same document (AND), all words in same sentence, etc.
- Select any or all of the attribute types (Title, Keyword, Name) you want to search in using the checkboxes.
- Use the listbox to specify whether you want all (AND) or at least one (OR) of your search terms to be present in the attributes of the objects found.
- Enter a Hyperwave user name in the "Owner" field if you want to find objects created by a particular user.
- Enter preferences for date created and date modified of the objects found.
- Select a MIME type from the listbox if you want only a particular document type in your search results.
- Select the scope of the search. This tells Hyperwave which part of the server it should search on. You have the choice between searching the collection you were browsing when you accessed the search form, searching the entire server, and searching the server pool if the server is a member of one.
- Select the language of the search. Default choices are German and English.
- If you donít want the documents found to contain a particular word, enter the word in field at the bottom of the form.
- Select how you want to sort the results using the listbox.
- Click on the "Search" button.