Information about Hyperwave's simple search.
To use the simple search form, do the following:
- Click on the "SEARCH" icon in the Hyperwave toolbar.
- Click on the "Simple Search" tab.
- Enter a search term or terms in the "Search for" field. The terms are combined with "OR", i.e. at least one of the terms is present in every document found.
- Select what you want to search in under "in document". You can search in all attributes Title,Keyword etc. or the content of documents. At least one of these boxes must be checked.
- Select the Search scope using the radio buttons. These options allow you by default to search the entire server, to restrict the search to the collection you were browsing when the search form was accessed, or to search the entire server pool (if the server is in a pool). Your system administrator may add further options.
- Decide how to sort the results using the list box. You can sort them according to importance (how well they match the search criteria), date created or date last modified.
- Click on the "Search" button.